Wild Atlantic Way
Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way is classed as one of the world’s most astonishing natural landscapes. From soaring jagged cliffs to majestic crashing waves, Ireland’s organic beauty is showcased masterfully in this 2,600km stretch.
The Wild Atlantic Way is a haven for many natural features- seascapes, sea-life, cliffs, sea stacks, lagoons, rocky islets and beaches, to name but a few. It is a place to experience nature at its finest. Places of wonder such as the Cliffs of Moher, the Burren, Connemara, Dingle and Killarney National Park but the name a few, speckle the Atlantic coast, but these are only a minute fraction of the points of discovery along the seaside stretch.
The Wild Atlantic Way tourism trail passes through nine counties and three provinces and the entire route is easily accessible by car. The Wild Atlantic Coast continues to morph into different formations as the formidable stormy weather and sublime Irish sea meets Ireland’s majestic coast. Cliffs become more jagged and natural wonders of the sea begin to formulate, forever growing into one of the world’s most exalted coasts.
Some of the many highlights include:
- Hire a bicycle and explore the Aran Islands
- Take a boat trip to visit Skellig Michael & Valentia Island in Kerry
- Visit the beautiful town of Dingle and look out for Fungi the dolphin
- Take in the scenery at Connemara National Park
- Surfing in Lahinch, Co. Clare at one of Irelands top surf schools
- Heading South to Cork? Dine in Kinsale harbour, known as the gourmet capital of Ireland
- The Burren Experience offer tailored guided walks through the beautiful and unique landscape, perfect for a family day out
Of course this is just a small snippet of the many attractions and gems that can be enjoyed and explored during your travels along the Wild Atlantic Way. For more details and a full list of places to visit please visit www.wildatlanticway.com
Our three-star family-run, Limerick hotel is the perfect base for your Wild Atlantic Way adventure. Located just over an hour from Ireland’s sublime west coast, travel to all of Ireland’s spectacular natural wonders without the hassle of a long journey.