Website Privacy Statement
This statement describes how Kilmurry Lodge Hotel will collect and use the personal data we receive via our website. This is a live document so we recommend that you periodically review the most recent version.
We collect your personal data on our website for the following purposes listed below
- To deliver our periodic newsletter to you
- For statistical analyses
- For market research and business development
- To review and improve our product, service and resource offerings.
- To contact you regarding your booking
We will share your data with our representatives, including our employees, subsidiaries, contractors, agents, and other entities that we rely on to provide services including telecommunications, data storage and IT. If legally obliged to by state or government departments, bodies or agencies, we will share your data with them. We will never sell your data to third parties.
The Kilmurry Lodge Hotel uses a range of third parties to provide services – either directly or indirectly. Where relevant, these companies are required to comply with our data privacy and information security standards when handling personal data and we aim that they do not compromise your personal data and information. We may share your personal data and information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is authorised by law or is necessary to protect your personal safety. Such disclosure may include cross-border transfer of personal data and information. If legally compelled to disclose your information to a third party, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you in advance of a disclosure unless legally prohibited
Legal Basis for Processing
We will only ever process your personal data under one of the following legal bases. The legal basis that applies to our processing of your personal data will be disclosed to you in a Privacy Notice at the time of collection.
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (including a quote that is not taken up).
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or those of a third party. Our legitimate interests are:
- To add value to our product offering
- To engage in activities to improve and adapt the range of products and services we offer and to help our business to grow
- To ensure our business processes are effective and efficient
- To establish the most appropriate message and how best to communicate it with you
- To ensure the proper running of our business.
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- The sending of marketing material to you is only done in circumstances where you have provided us with your consent in advance.
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
Special and Sensitive Categories of Data
We do not collect special categories of data or sensitive data on our website.
Your Privacy & Data Protection Rights
Under Privacy and Data Protection legislation you have the right to:
- Request information about whether or not we process your personal data
- Request a copy of any personal data of yours that is processed by us
- Request that we rectify any errors in your personal data
- Request that we erase your personal data
- Object to our processing of your personal data
- Request that we restrict our processing of your personal data
- Request a transferable version of your electronically processed data
- Withdraw your consent at any time
- File a complaint with the Data Protection Supervisory Authority
You can withdraw your consent to receiving our newsletter at any time by following the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our newsletter, by emailing your request to email@example.com, or by contacting us using the postal address or telephone number listed below.
To withdraw your consent to us contacting you electronically in relation to our products, services and resources, simply reply to any of our emails, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us using our postal address or telephone number listed below with your instruction.
You can access our Cookies Policy here.
Retention of Data
We will use your information to send you our newsletter until such time as you withdraw your consent, following which your information will be unsubscribed from our mailing list as soon as practicable. If you do not interact with our newsletter for a period of thirteen months, your personal data will be deleted, unless we have another legitimate basis for processing it.
We take our information security responsibilities seriously and employ the most appropriate technical and organisational measures (TOMS), including staff training and awareness, to ensure our website visitors and users are afforded a high standard of privacy and data protection. We review those measures regularly. A copy of our TOMS statement will be made available to you on request.
Requests and Inquiries to us
If you are not satisfied with our treatment of your personal data, or if you require further information about our use of your personal data, please contact us. You can direct your correspondence to:
Data Protection Officer
Kilmurry Lodge Hotel
Telephone: +353 61-331133
Right of Complaint to the Data Protection Supervisory Authority
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Supervisory Authority (DPSA). Kilmurry Lodge Hotel is registered in Ireland, the relevant DPSA contact details are:
Data Protection Commission
Telephone: 1890 252 231
Examples of Opt-In Consent Statements
By ticking this box, you are consenting to receiving our email newsletter. Our newsletters contain details of special offers and information about our hotel:
If you consent to us contacting you electronically in relation to our products, services and resources, please tick all boxes that apply.