Wild Atlantic Way
The Wild Atlantic Way, 1600 miles (2600 km) in length, is one of the longest defined coastal routes in the world winding along the West Coast of Ireland from the Inishowen Peninsula in the North all the way down to the picturesque town of Kinsale, County Cork.
Base yourself in the Kilmurry Lodge Hotel and give yourself the opportunity to survey your surroundings in Limerick City first and visit hot tourist spots like King John’s Castle, The Hunt Museum, the Limerick Milk Market & Thomond Park.
Next on your route is County Clare which boasts the some of the world’s most beautiful natural landscapes such as The Cliffs of Moher, The Burren, Aillwee Caves, Lahinch Aquarium & even the infamous Father Ted’s house!
Having spent your day travelling around Clare, visit the beautiful County Kerry and its many gems of nature such as The Ring of Kerry, Killarney National Park, Muckross Traditional Farm & even experience dolphin watching & boat tours in Dingle!
The Wild Atlantic Way is an unforgettable experience and is sure to enhance your stay with us in the Kilmurry Lodge Hotel!
Below, you will see just a few recommendations of places to visit while passing through County Clare. Clare boasts some of the world’s most beautiful natural landscapes such as The Cliffs of Moher, The Burren, Aillwee Caves, Lahinch Aquarium & even the infamous Father Ted’s house!
You might also want to visit some of the below:
- Loop Head - Explore the western tip of County Clare voted the "Irish Times best Place to Holiday in Ireland”.
- Cliffs of Moher – Experience Ireland’s most breath taking natural landscape which rise a staggering 390ft above the Atlantic Ocean.
- Scattery Island - Lying at the mouth of the River Shannon, Scattery Island is one of West Clare's best kept secrets.
- Kilkee Cliffs - Enjoy the famous cliff walk in Kilkee and witness some of nature's most breath taking views.
Having spent your day travelling around Clare, why not visit the beautiful County Kerry and its many gems of nature such as The Ring of Kerry, Killarney National Park, Muckross Traditional Farm & even experience dolphin watching & boat tours in Dingle!
The Kilmurry Lodge Hotel has a range of overnight packages available to suit your needs and budget. Wake up ready for a day of touring in Kerry!
- Foynes Island - Major port in County Limerick on route to Kerry providing the visitor fantastic views out over the Shannon Estuary.
- Beaches - Kerry has an abundance of spectacular beaches such as Banna, Inch, Ballybunion, Rossbeigh & Castlegregory to name but a few.
- Skellig Viewpoint – Take in the awe-inspiring view of the Skellig Islands as you tour through Kerry’s fantastic natural landscape.
- Dingle Harbour – Explore the picturesque town of Dingle and maybe even see some marine wildlife while embarking on one of the many available boat tours!
Of course this is just a small snippet of the many attractions and gems that can be enjoyed and explored during your travels along the Wild Atlantic Way.
We have brought you just a small selection of attractions and gems that can be enjoyed and explored during your travels along the Wild Atlantic Way.
For more details and a full list of places to visit please visit www.wildatlanticway.com
From the stunning Cliffs of Moher to the Galway landscape and the Lakes of the Kerry Way, a hiking trip in Ireland combines overnight stays with some of the best scenery in the world.
Book your overnight stay with us now, spacious accommodation, top class service, the finest cuisine and ideal location.
Wild Atlantic Way Route Map